Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Prague it is...or Maybe the Czech Republic

I’ve decided to do my individual assignment on the GII in the Czech
Republic, specifically Prague. Although as I begin to research I am
noticing that the specificity of topic might prove difficult in finding
sources for the project. If I continue to find this is the case I will
broaden my scope to Czech Republic. I chose this location both because
of its history as a nation and because, from what little I’ve heard the
libraries there are quite good. I also work with a woman at Gardner
Public Library who is from Prague and may be able to provide some
first-hand insight or suggestions for my research. Another reason for
researching this location is that my husband and I are tentatively
planning a trip there in October of this year.
I began by looking at the website for the National Library of the Czech
Republic. There is tons of information here about the library’s history
and practices. There is a page on the site listing the national and
international organizations that the library belongs to. I think this
will be a good first resource for me because it will lead to other
sources. I’ve also found a few articles through Google Scholar which I
hope to use.


National Library of the Czech Republic, 2006. Retrieved on 1/23/2010 at http://www.nkp.cz/_en/index.php3

No comments:

Post a Comment